Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Alive.

I have this awesome friend named Brittany who is a total radical. Brittany knows that Jesus is just as relevant as He was 2000 years ago. She attends a college outside of Birmingham. A beautiful campus, and a impressive academic reputation. Brittany asked me to come to campus over break to take some pictures of a sign she had painted. I wasn't surprised when I saw what it read.
Jesus is Alive.
I smiled ear to ear, believing that this would be much more than just pictures. Faith mixed with action, speaking about what will come. It takes faith because right now this particular campus has a reputation of suicide and witch craft, just the opposite of Love. It also requires action, because a belief that just sits inside of our noggin' is just that. A stagnant,safe,and harmless dream.
As we walked around quiet campus we got chills thinking of the miracles that Jesus has in store. We made some friends who cheered as we snapped the pictures and freely volunteered their services. We ran into a student who looked like she hadn't slept in three days, beautiful green eyes hidden underneath a thick black paste. Her black hair fell into her face as she zipped up an army green oversized coat. Her unlikely state took my by surprised and I blurted out some sort of awkward greeting, just for a second of her time.
It turns out she was wiccan and didn't believe in "our God", but she was kind and moved to held back tears because the Love that rested on Brittany and I. We said a short prayer for her and sent her off. Just one soul that we are believing to be transformed because of a wee bit of faith from two average kids.
I am going to be involved in a college age group starting on Friday nights with some stellar people. Brielle Hoffman, Allen Pedrum, and Adam Westly. We believe God has some seriously big plans for this group. We desire to build a real, strong,powerful community that is compelled by Love and filled with the Word. Please come and join us.
Bottom line. Jesus is Alive. Let's start living like it. Ask big. Read the Word, and believe with all your heart everything that it says. Test it out.Come spend your Friday night's with us. I dare you.

Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you O Lord, have helped me and comforted me.
Psalm 86:17

No comments:

Post a Comment