Thursday, May 19, 2011

Welcome {Home}

Happy, happy, home for the summer! After a 16 hour drive with the momma and a two day pit stop in Chicago we finally arrived back home.
Isn't it funny how going back home seems to induce so many memories...good and bad. It's almost like induced child pains {or tickles depending on how you look at it}. The smell of the house, position of that old recliner, high school momentos clinging to, if any glory it once had.
Although I am glad to be back for a season to catch up with my wonderful family and friends, my room needed a new twist. I unpacked my hefty bags {that's a long "A" for you southerners} and started the unfinished process.
I squinted, moved several different times to regain different perspectives, sifted through some stuff, stood on my head, and prayed to God for some new inspiration for the look for my room. I started throwing away. Simplifying. Repurposing pretty old things that the momma and super sisters had collected.
I am pretty happy for now. I think the next step will be painting a mural on the wall by means of using a projector to project something to trace? Any suggestions?
It's amazing what a few changes can do. I'm looking forward to making some new memories in my home. Tea with the momma, random haircuts for my sister, lots of dreaming, and motercylcle rides with the guys.

Make something pretty today :)


These are some coral and shells I brought back from Haiti, now a background for my good smellies.
One of my walls is painted white corrugated metal, and next to it on the wall is an old-whitewashed farm door. I found some random hooks and viola, hat and necklace holders.

If you don't own any milk glass bowls...shame. They are the ultimate "workhorse" as my Aunt Pat puts it.
Darling tea pot on my dresser.
This is a picture frame that has been replaced with chicken wire. See that little blonde, crazy haired girld in the corner? Me.

This is just for fun. My dad found crow eggs and nurtured them until they hatched in his nest, it was love at first beak.

Tidbite*
For incredible vintage finds and eclectic ideas Pat Brown's Harvest Brown web-page, or follow her on twitter for amazing vintage finds and tips.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you look for pretty every day.
    Welcome home.
    -Auntie P.

    ReplyDelete