Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Muddy Boots





Here it goes...
Bare with me as I jump "boots first" <----(lame) into this whole blogging thing.

So you're asking yourself, "What the heck does muddy boots have to do with ANYTHING?" Well...boots are worn on your feet right? Guess what? Feet take you places. Unless your in a wheel chair, for you, this blog should be entitled muddy wheels.
Anyways, I LOVE boots. Boots say, "Hey, I'm here to party. Hard." Boots are tough, they allow you to do intense things without worrying about your feet getting hurt. Think about it. Army boots are worn in combat. Cowboy boots are worn around the ranch doin' strenuous work, snow boots for conquering ridiculously low temperatures. We have hiking boots...the list goes on. Here's another added bonus-they look awesome. Boots can be worn with anything, at anytime. And if you're thinking otherwise? That's fine-wear your ugly shoes instead.
Ultimately muddy boots means living all out. Not afraid of hard times and pain. Not afraid of exploring and taking risks. Because I know that my feet are protected. Living unashamed of a God that I believe in. Using the passions that are inside, and doing them with fervor. Who wants to spend their lives' sitting on the sidelines, combing their eyebrows?
ICK
Nope. Not for me. I'm here to party...
Hard.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."
psalm 40:2

*tidBITE
call that random person you missed today
(and tell them to follow this blog ;)

Beautiful Feet in Haiti...




3 comments:

  1. Brooke! You're freaking awesome, and it's WONDERFUL reading (it's more like listening) listening to your writing. It reminds me of you so much; very few people can convey their personalities onto paper (err...computer?) so well.

    I definitely look forward to reading this. You'd BETTER post regularly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name! It's so you...
    Kudos for sharing what's on your heart, Brooke. You'll touch many...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke this is a wonderful thing that you are doing. It is really like hearing you talk. Fantastic photos. I look forward to seeing much much more!!!!

    ReplyDelete