Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Lovin'



What's more fun than a local farmer's market?
Don't you get all sarcastic with me now...there may be a feeeww things a bit more fun. But you can't beat the vibrant colors, the friendly people, the fresh food, and the satisfaction of knowing you are being eco friendly.
(Pshh.)
It was a perfect summer morning. And I was with a perfect companion. My Mom and I went to the farmer's market.
Thank you Lord for summer. Maybe this year you could grace your northern friends with a few extra months??? Just a thought.

Enjoy the fresh,crisp,juicy,colors...





Good ol' downtown White Bear Lake.
Some hard working hands.

Some friendly farmers.
Oh my goodness can you believe that color??

Baby's Breath Flowers...love.


Lunch from some fresh veggies!


tidBITE*

My Grandma's recipe pictured above...

3-4 sweet onions
8 small zucchinis
4 medium tomatoes
(get them at your farmer's market for an optimum tasting experience :)

sauté onions and zucchinis together until soft with a dash of olive oil and fresh garlic, add tomatoes last. Crumb feta cheese or parmesan to taste. Serve over brown rice.
Serves 3-4.

NUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment